Al's Photography Blog

Al's Photography Blog
Pikes Peak As Seen From Our House

Friday, August 31, 2012

Avila Beach Headland

For Scenic Sunday (hopefully the meme will get going again), here are three very different photos of a headland near Avila Beach in California, all taken within 15 minutes of each other one morning in May. The first shows it shrouded in mysterious fog.
As the fog cleared I took a very wide-angle shot of it from the pier.
And finally I wanted to show the cliffs.
We have our mountains here in Colorado but nothing like this!

8 comments:

  1. What terrific captures, Al! I love the fog and the beautiful cliffs, the ducks on the water! Wonderful!! Hope you and Socks have a great weekend! Give him a pat from Sam and I!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous landscape, for quiet and relaxing holidays.
    Love greetings, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fine views, observation of such places are giving much joy. I am greeting

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful cliffs, oh I like it so much! And the greenlooking lovely sea in photo no 2! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fog and cliffs were spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not crazy about fog on city streets, but over the ocean is another story -- the mist is magical! Lovely photos. (What no ocean in Colorado ;>)!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment - I love reading them and look forward to viewing your blog. If you only allow Google+ comments I won't be able to leave a comment in return.

Related Posts with Thumbnails