Al's Photography Blog

Al's Photography Blog
Pikes Peak As Seen From Our House

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Korean Temple I

One of my favorite things about visiting South Korea was the incredible Buddhist temples that we saw. Here's the entrance to one.
The beauty and harmony with the natural surroundings is hard to convey in photographs. Since this is an old scanned print, I'm linking it to Vintage Weekly. And I've got many shots from South Korea to follow this one, just check back each Saturday evening.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful temple, Al, and you captured it beautifully! Hope you had a great weekend. Pats to Socks from Sam and I!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. It definitely is beautiful. The architecture in the Orient is so stunning! So colorful.
    Thanks for stopping by my quilt blog and commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. From the tiny tiny bit I might possibly understand about Buddhism, it seems right that they would have made sure to build the temple in the perfect natural spot...in harmony with nature. I wish I knew more. It's a lovely picture and a wonderful reminder of your travels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buddhism exudes serenity and this temple is just the same. It is delightful and sits in its place amongst the tree perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very special and beautiful! I guess it was lovely to be there! =) A place filled with *peace* I suppose..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment - I love reading them and look forward to viewing your blog. If you only allow Google+ comments I won't be able to leave a comment in return.

Related Posts with Thumbnails