Al's Photography Blog

Al's Photography Blog
Pikes Peak As Seen From Our House

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Grand Prismatic Spring (Yellowstone)

This is my last Yellowstone post; it says something about the place that I'm still posting photographs a year after my vacation there. This is the Grand Prismatic Spring, which is a huge expanse of multicolored, steaming, other-worldly vistas.
The boardwalks take you right above this remarkable geothermal feature so the views are incredible anywhere you turn.
At times the sulfur-tinged steam completely covers you.
All this water flows into the Firehole River.
This is my Scenic Sunday post for the week, and I don't think it gets much more scenic than this. I think it also works as a Water Wednesday post. I'm a little sad that there are no more Yellowstone photos to post, but you can revisit them at any time all by clicking on the Yellowstone tag below, or on the right column of the blog.

20 comments:

  1. These photos are incredible. You certainly have the knack for bringing the viewer right into the action. I can feel the steam (and smell the sulfur!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful photos; it sure does work for WW -- I can feel the mist!

    Love Yellowstone -- hope we can go back again some day. YOur photos are terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you know that I can only repeat what the others have written, Al! Superb captures as always and these really are breathtaking! Hope you and Socks have a great 4th of July weekend! Enjoy!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes that must have been a wonderful vacation Al. Your photo's are all super.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Incredible amazing shots! Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never been at Yellowstone before, and probably will miss it in this life time. However, I have watched and seen so many beautiful photos, such as yours, of Yellowstone.

    Fantastic shots..

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've captured the harshness and the beauty of Yellowstone so beautifully. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a great comment. Happy 4th to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yellowstone is awesome!!! Great images. I really want to go back for a visit. Thanks for sharing! Here is my entry.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can keep posting these if you like! :-) These are stunning! Wow! I keep saying one of these days I'll get to visit Yellowstone....

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome. I am going to check out yr other pics.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pictures! - and yes, the photo of the river is so well composed and very scenic:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Colorado and Yellowstone are places, where I would like to visit! Thank you for these great photos there!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are always welcome to *Weekendflowers* every Friday & Saturday :) LG Tina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely fantastic photos!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful group of shots!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, a terrific series of shots. Those thermal pools are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Whoa! Look at that. They absolutely amazing shots. Lucky you guys to have such the means to visit wonderful place like this.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! Those are very cool scenes indeed. They are so unique and colourful looking. I think I too may be posting about Kenya a year after my trip in Nov./December 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The thermal photos you got are amazing! I so much enjoyed seeing them when we were there, but the smell of sulfur was often quite overwhelming!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment - I love reading them and look forward to viewing your blog. If you only allow Google+ comments I won't be able to leave a comment in return.

Related Posts with Thumbnails